Who can resist the delicious chocolate cookies? But as you know that too much chocolate will frighten you getting obese right? So, how to make healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? The oatmeal comes as the solution to make more crunchy yet delicious chip cookies. The ingredients will boost the energy from the sweetness of the chocolate.
HEALTHY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Here is one of the ingredients to make healthy recipe of the chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of packed brown (javanese) sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of ripe avocado pulp
- 1 piece of egg
- 1 teaspoon of powdered vanilla
- 1 cup of flour (type: all purpose one)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 3 cups of oats
- 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of walnuts, chopped
- Prepare the oven by heating it first at 375 degrees
- Beat the butter added by the brown (javanese) sugar and sugar. Let it be until fluffy and light
- Beat the avocado pulp
- Add egg and extracted vanilla. Mix them thoroughly.
- Sift the baking soda, flour, spices and salt into the mixture of the butter.
- Mix the oats
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips
- Bake it for 8 minutes to get chewy cookies or 11 minutes to get crisp ones.
- Cool it on the wire rack
You can add more favorite toppings into the butter mixtures such as the dried fruits. The dried fruits that easily bought are cranberries, raisins, dried peaches and other things. Those things can be the alternative change for the chocolate chips.
And for the change of walnuts, you can try the pecans, macadamias, and almonds. For the avocado, the other ingredients can replace it is like the mashed banana, pumpkin or applesauce. There is dark rum as alternative to substitute the extracted vanilla.
So, besides you will serve better and healthier chip cookies ever for yourself, actually you also make your children love to eat healthier snacks for them too. Even though it is sweet and addictive for the chocolate lovers, you can change some of the ingredients based on your preferences such as changing the sugar into honey.
By giving healthy snacks, you will feel worry less of your children who will get toothache by eating much chocolate from your recipe. The key is when you mix the dough. You need to add melted coconut oil. Then you can cook it immediately. If you want to have flat cookies, you have to cook the dough right away. And to make fluffier, you need to chill the dough for 45 minutes first.
So, the basic recipes are many out there. Then the creativity to adjust the ingredients based on our preferences is on our duty whether we want healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or not. If so, the only way is by changing the fat ingredients with its substitutes and uses other fresh fruits for the toppings.